Cartridge World is thinking green in North Canton, and wants to help local organizations with some green through fundraising. Cartridge World recycles ink and laser printer cartridges, as well as refilling ink and toner cartridges. What’s even better is that local schools, churches, and other organizations can participate in this environmentally friendly endeavor as a fundraiser.
Why is it important to recycle these particular products? Here are a few facts that may make you think twice before tossing them in the trash.
- Approximately one gallon of oil goes into making a new laser cartridge.
- In the U.S., roughly eight cartridges are thrown away every second.
- In North America, over 350 million cartridges are discarded per year. This number is increasing approximately 12 percent each year.
- When thrown into a landfill, a laser cartridge can take up to 450 years to decompose. Some parts will taker over 1,000 years to decompose.
- Every remanufactured laser cartridge saves nearly 2.5 pounds of metal and plastic from being deposited in landfills.
- Currently, 70 percent of used printer cartridges worldwide are thrown out.
These startling statistics can be combated by thinking green. Through the fundraising program, this green comes back to you not only in protecting our planet, but also as funds for your local school, church, or other non-profit organization. Continue reading